28 September 2007

Friday 28 September 2007

Hello... My name is Ray and I am officially addicted to...

to...

The Rugby. There... I've said it.

You might have recalled me mentioning the Six Nations competition earlier this year.

Now it's serious. Rugby World Cup 2007 has been going on for a couple weeks in France and pool play is winding down with the quarterfinals of the knockout round soon to follow. England, the reigning world champs, plays Tonga tonight for the right to continue in this once every four year competition. Amy will join me (without coercion, I might add) at the pub to watch the action.

So what if I don't know ALL the rules.

Like the saying goes: I don't know much about art, but I know what I like.

Well... I likes the rugby. Scrum on!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I played B team rugby for both Virginia Tech and Texas A&M. Problem is they party to hard and the academic side suffered. I was a prop and before the game we would tape or grease our ears so they dont get ripped off in a scrum. Great sport, better than football and those guys are in better shape than football players. Always surprised more players dont get hurt.

Fred