30 September 2007

Sunday 30 September 2007

Feeling that we needed some "light-hearted" entertainment last night, we visited the half-price ticket booth and got tickets to see the comedic musical, Avenue Q. The show was ok... not nearly as funny as I thought it would be, because after all, an adult themed muppet musical does have incredible potential. All in all, it was a fun way to spend a Saturday night.

Today was a completely different sort of entertainment as we hopped on a train and made our way out to see the White Cliffs of Dover.

We didn't get the large panoramic views of the cliffs, because we took a five mile hike to St. Margaret's Bay and walked on top of them. Those that know her, know just how much Amy enjoyed the uphill part of the trails, but she was a real trooper and didn't complain...

much.

We enjoyed a nice pub lunch at the beachside pub, The Coastguard, and also viewed the Dover Castle and South Foreland Lighthouse.

For the record, I think that at least half of that 5 miles was straight up - and most of my complaining was about Ray being FAR too close to the cliff's edge. The angle of at least one photo above justifies my concern. OK - I'm not a hiker and I'm afraid of heights (I admit it). But, the White Cliffs of Dover is another one of the wonders to see in UK...

No comments: