16 October 2008

Monday 6 October 2008

I am SO behind in my blogging responsibilities.

After just celebrating my 49th birthday with beers in Munich, nothing helps one feel younger than watching 60+ year old men dressed up in leather pants and performing their collection of rock tunes.

Thanks to a free ticket (danke Elizabeth. Seeeee, I’m still speaking German), I took in what turned out to be a quite entertaining concert at The Royal Albert Hall by The Moody Blues. Since Nights in White Satin was always a popular song "back in the day", rivaling Stairway to Heaven as that ONE slow dance opportunity during high school dances, it was an evening of flashbacks.

They are still quite popular here and didn’t disappoint the packed house. There were a couple songs where they showed their age, but can you REALLY be disappointed in a show at The Royal Albert Hall?

Of course not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you went to the show and even more glad you enjoyed it. I'm with you, how can you not love anything at RAH? See you next week and you can tell me more.