14 September 2007

Friday 14 September 2007

It’s was a marvellous night for a moondance…

Tonight was a special treat being able to experience the Celtic Soul of Van Morrison performing in the Royal Albert Hall. I’m not quite sure who was the star, the artist or the venue. Since I only had to purchase a single ticket (thanks for the heads up Elizabeth), my seat basically was awful.

I had to sit twelve rows from the stage.

Imagine that.

It was a very… “different” show. Van was his typical “growly” self, and he had a very eclectic, yet tight ten piece band backing him up which made for a trip through all sorts of musical styles.
Plus… I was in the freakin’ Royal Albert Hall. Can’t get much better than that.

On a side note… I entered the lottery for tickets to the Led Zeppelin reunion concert in November. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: