22 August 2007

Sunday 19 August 2007

Reminiscent of our football match last week, the weather chose not to cooperate, but that didn’t stop us from traveling out to view the Château de Versailles, King Louis XIV grand palace. I had decided long ago that if we ever made it back to Versailles that I would spend more time in the formal gardens, and since the palace on this day was so obscenely crowded it made for the popular choice.

Possibly the largest formal gardens ever created, The Gardens of Versailles itself could be an all day adventure. My main interest was the fountains, and they are only turned on for an hour twice a day. Fortunately, we were there for the first showing.

For whatever reasons I have always been fascinated by The Fountain of Enceladus, and it was on my list to see. Sadly it was not in operation. Regardless… this visit was far too short and while Amy and Steph might beg to differ, we just scratched the surface of what the Gardens have to offer.

It’s sad to think that as much as we tried to squeeze in, there is so much more to see and do in this brilliant city which is fast becoming my favourite place to visit. I think Steph and Jonathan liked it too.

You tell me.


No comments: