08 July 2007

Saturday 7 July 2007

07-07-07 The luckiest day ever?

Well… Today was the start of the Tour de France, and luckily for me the First Stage, as well as, the Prologue was held right here in London. Not only in London, but within walking distance of the flat, and was something I’ve looking forward to for quite some time.

The Prologue is a 7.9 kilometer (almost 5 miles) time trial that has the individual riders competing against the clock in one minute intervals. It was quite the carnival atmosphere in Hyde Park, and I walked most of the route trying to find a good vantage point. Even three hours early I completely under estimated the crowds and never made it to my intended spot towards the finish.

Yeah... I'd say that's fairly crowded, wouldn't you?

Turns out that one of the best viewing spots left was one that was the closest to the flat.

They make it seem so effortless in attaining the speeds they do. I think it's the technology and if anyone needs Christmas ideas for me this coming year, I could use one of these $9000 bikes.

Just a thought...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see u were there for the first day. I was ther on the last day as they zipped by my neighborhood about 30min from the finish line.

No crowds, I just came out 10 mins before they came by and held my nose 12 inches from them flying by.

French Open finals, Tour de France, now just need to get World Cup Finals tix.....Go USA!!!