11 June 2006

Wednesday 7 June 2006

BUSY day!!! Went to The Tower of London first thing taking the audio tour and taking it all in.

Then I walked over to The Monument which commemorates The Great London Fire of 1666. Climbed the 311 steps (I counted 310, but I might have missed one in mid-gasp) all the way to the top, a total of 211 feet.

Proceeded over to The Imperial War Museum next. Just scratched the surface as it is FILLED with tons of actual military pieces: tanks, planes (including a Sopwith Camel for you Snoopy aficionados) artillery, etc. from various conflicts. Need to go back as I cut short the visit to meet Amy for another London Walk. This one was through the National Gallery to see some of the works of Monet, Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Da Vinci and a few of their buddies.

I have officially fulfilled my cultural quota for the month.

No comments: