11 June 2006

Tuesday 6 June 2006

HAZZAH!! This morning we have an actual phone line. NOW I have to start memorizing all of these new numbers.

Observation: Find it interesting that while the phone numbers here have the same number of digits as those in the states, locals group those numbers as they see fit. Instead of 999-999-9999, one could see it in numerous other groupings. But that’s just me.

Officially having Astro withdrawls.

Tonight we went to see The DaVinci Code at the Odeon Theatre in Leicester Square. Can't remember the last time we had a date on a weeknight. It was the largest theatre and most expensive movie I've ever been to. It was pretty cool, though... guess we are still "tourists". The days are so long here and we are starting to take advantage of the pre-Summer nights. I'm being told that these sunny days - we've had 5 in a row - are not common. Perhaps we brought a little Texas sunshine with us.
Our telephone company friends and family will appreciate the recent frustration in getting our phone line activated. The line was already here in the flat and it took 8 days for the switchboard cutover and activation. Oh well, we bought Ray a pay as you go mobile phone - so we've been able to stay in touch. I thought he might have to "ring" me if he got lost, but he's learning his way around quickly.
I am also missing #17 Lance and his pals.

No comments: