24 September 2008

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Just another daily commute.

I never realized just how much I’ve adapted to not having my own vehicle. Until yesterday.

Not feeling well, I decided to go home early yesterday.

So after the 15 minute walk to the station from our office complex, I hopped on the train towards home. About 2/3 of the way there, the train is held at one of the intermediate stops with the announcement that there was a fatality at a station ahead. Not knowing how long we would be delayed, I followed the throngs of other mid-day travelers to the bus depot outside and jumped on the next bus towards Wimbledon where I could then catch the tube back towards Victoria Station, my original destination.

Without realizing, or for that matter planning it, I seamlessly completed the trifecta of mass public transportation: Train, Bus, Underground.

Who needs a car anyway?

No comments: