23 May 2008

Sunday 18 May 2008

As Amy referred to in her previous post this last trip to Paris produced some of my best night time photos EVER.

I just HAD to share.

…continuing on that same “dark” theme.

While the ladies went about their touring I had some unfinished business of my own to attend to. The Catacombs were finally reopened, allowing me the opportunity to walk amongst the remains of almost 6 MILLION Parisians. Almost twice the number that LIVE in Paris today. I know… it IS creepy and NOT for everyone, but as most of you well know… I’m not like everyone.

Afterwards, I visited the Pantheon. Entering it brought on one of those “wow” moments, much like my first visit to St. Chappelle.

The friezes, the sculptures, and the working Foucault pendulum all added to a very magnificent tribute to the heroes of France.

Of course what visit to Paris would be complete without a visit to one of their Gardens of Stone? This time I walked amongst the monuments at the Montmartre Cemetery.

While not nearly as impressive as the two I visited in April it still was a worthwhile visit.

You know... IF you like that type of thing.

No comments: