04 April 2008

Friday 04 April 2008

Mind the Gap…


Every visitor we’ve had has found humour in this warning. Tourists take photos of it. It’s broadcast incessantly throughout the tube system and occasionally on the trains. It’s painted on the platforms everywhere.

I’ve become desensitized to it.

That is until last week when boarding the train for my commute home I watched as Network Rail staff scurried about an open door of my train carriage. I watched from my window trying to determine what is was that was delaying my departure.

Did someone drop a parcel between the platform and train?

Maybe a shoe?

I theorized all sorts of possibilities. They powered down the entire train, which IS electric – and no… I have NOT tried to wee on the hot rail.

And then… with the assistance of two Rail employees… they pulled out a short gray haired elderly gentleman.

Who…

Obviously…

Forgot to…

You have been officially warned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!!

Anonymous said...

You have been there two years and haaven't once tried to wee on the rail, where is your sense of adventure? It si a kind of quiet Friday morning here, I have decided to have Bayou City wings for lunch however. I will have a draft on your behalf.