10 July 2007

Tuesday 10 July 2007

I have just returned from a wonderful and relaxing week in Gran Canaria. It is the third largest of the Canary Islands, located off the northwest coast of Africa and belonging to Spain. It’s a 3.5 hour flight from London.

My friend Christine and I stayed at a really nice hotel overlooking the coastline. We were at the far southeast end of the island in Meloneras (where it is warm and quiet) and away from the party hotels and night life. We were looking for some serious R&R – and this was the perfect place! 7 days of sunning, swimming, siestas and sangria were just what we needed to recharge ourselves mid year. We had no tours, no agenda, and it was fabulous. We enjoyed a spa day, read (9 books between us!) and we relaxed poolside listening to the waves - and yes, mom will be proud as I always wore my hat during the heat of the day. I practiced my breathing exercises for Wanda (but I didn’t have to worry about stress and blood pressure this week!)

We only ventured away from the hotel 2-3 times during the trip. A few trips across the road to the beachside restaurants and shops – and a quick trip into Maspalonas further up the coast. The weather was gorgeous and the water was a beautiful blue green during our entire week.

I’m a few shades blonder and browner… But, I felt the tan fading as we arrived in London early this morning and big surprise – it’s raining.

Ah well, I have the photos!

No comments: