07 June 2007

Thursday 7 June 2007

Since Amy and I both have to work this week, S&S were on their own during the day seeing in no particular order: The Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral, The National Gallery, The London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral. You could probably also mix in a few pubs in there, as well as, a new found respect for the art of walking.

Monday night I met up with them near Tower Hill to take Donald Rumbelow’s “Jack the Ripper” tour through London Walks. I’ve taken his tour before and he is internationally renowned as the leading authority on the Jack the Ripper murders penning what is to be considered the definitive book on the subject.

Buy Stephen or myself a pint and maybe we’ll share with you the weird tale about the smallish, oddly dressed, Queen Mary traveling, Donald Rumbelow stalking fellow walk participant with a (I kid you not) neck scar from ear to ear.

No comments: