02 June 2007

Friday 01 June 2007

Tonight, along with Sheila and Stephen, we FINALLY went to see Wicked.

It’s been showing at the Apollo Victoria Theatre which is literally across the street from our flat, and with Amy’s penchant for The Wizard of OZ -it’s a wonder we waited this long to see it. I can honestly say that this was... without a doubt... the best live musical that I’ve seen.

The combination of a great set, bold costumes, outstanding singing and a story line that surprised even me made for a great theatrical experience. Amy (as usual) scored great seats eight rows from the stage.

I won’t spoil anything, but if you see this you will never, EVER watch the Wizard of OZ in the same way again.

Yes, for all my friends who've been recommending it - Wicked was truly wonderful. The costumes were great and the lead singer had the most amazing voice. Happy to return for another viewing of this one if any of my future visitors are interested.

p.s. Can someone in Houston please blow a little good luck over toward Minute Maid park? Lance really needs me back in town!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As of tonight, Sunday, June 3rd (Hoss turned 20 today):

Berkman--> .238
Ausmus -->.236
Biggio--> .234
Ensberg--> .234
Scott -->.232
Everett --> .218
Palmeiro --> .175
Lane --> .165

Maybe you need to come back again to bring the good luck. I think those of us still in Houston are totally out of breath. Ugh.

--John