24 May 2007

Wednesday 23 May 2007

Role Reversals…

Fear not… this isn’t a post about how we are trying to put some oomph back into our marriage, but rather how I ended up spending almost a week away from London on a business trip while Amy stayed home.

Last Thursday I flew out to Kalunborg, Denmark (an industrial/port town about 75 miles west of Copenhagen) for what was intended to be a 2-3 day assessment in a supplier’s fabrication plant. Mix in some product anomalies and a procedural snafu causing severe delays, throw in 12-13 hour days through the weekend, some stressful high profile decision making (still haven’t figured how I got involved with THAT), and then simmer for seven days, and there you have my week.

However… I did discover Leffe Dark, a VERY nice Belgian beer that if I can find it in London will be in my top two beers of choice, joining Fuller’s ESB ale.

Oh… and I did have a pastry.

My turn: It was quite a turn this week - and a bit lonely, I must say. I took advantage of the beautiful London weather this week and did a bit of walking about the city. Read a few books and watched a movie or two. Found myself wandering into the National Portrait Gallery this weekend and even had a few meals out on my own. Skipped the cemetaries and the smoky pubs. Can't wait for 1st of July when London becomes smoke free in all public establishments. That means "sneeze free" for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

guess i will have to try them. Hope things are going well. Melmo graduated along with all the other girls. Going to A&M, I'm happy.

Fredo