24 March 2007

Saturday 24 March 2007

Lions and Bitters and Ale… Oh My!!

Amy has been in Houston for business all week, so with nothing else better to do I spent the day walking through several different parts of London. No agenda, just me and my camera, and the name of four pubs: The Red Lion (Crown’s Passage), The Golden Lion, another Red Lion (THE most popular pub name in the UK), and The Black Lion. NOW do you get the title?

Here’s a photo diary of my travels:

Staple Inn on High Holborn was built in 1586 and one of the few buildings in the area that survived the Great Fire of 1666.

This is just a cool building near the Holborn Viaduct.

The entrance to the Central Criminal Court Building.

St. Paul’s Cathedral, still my favourite church in London.

This was from Postman’s Park which houses a memorial to men and women that performed heroic acts of self sacrifice.

Walking home, Green Park is still showing its signs of spring even though we had snow flurries this past Thursday.

The more I look at this statue of Queen Victoria in front of Buckingham Palace the more I realize that she could have probably kicked my butt.

This is a weird Ray moment (I know… I know… ANOTHER one). I just always get a kick out of the street sweepers that work the streets of Westminster. Not sure why… I just do.

Everyone has heard of Big Ben, but did you know that there was a Little Ben also?? It’s located just outside of Victoria Station.

There it is... Throw in a visit to the Museum of London and four pubs and you have how I spent my Saturday.

No comments: