18 January 2007

Wednesday 17 January 2007

You have been officially warned. This isn’t so much of an update as it is a rambling display of what has been bouncing around in my head lately. I promise… no bench pictures.

Since Amy is away traveling, (she’s either in Copenhagen or The Hague, or maybe it’s Hamburg, maybe that’s next week. I really need to check her calendar before I type) I ventured out for a pub dinner. Imagine that.

Sitting in The Jugged Hare (to be included in my next pub update), on a rather chilly evening, it was quite nice sitting at the bar enjoying my ale and a hot Poacher’s Pie. I couldn’t help but think as I ate my pastry covered rabbit, boar, venison and pheasant that this might actually have been more fitting served in Oscar’s trailer back in Splendora. I digress.

I knew coming over here that there would be certain vernacular differences. I can accept that, but some things just stike me as odd. Like why is it “dogtooth” instead of “houndstooth”? After all, there are foxhounds here. Why I even KNOW their is a difference or why it “bothers” me is somewhat scary, but then again… you were warned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you explain the picture or did I miss it? Fred