08 November 2006

Wednesday 08 November 2006

The De-Americanization of Ray

After five months away, here are a few things I noticed myself doing differently on my week long visit home.

1. The sun angle was one of the first things I noticed. It was nice feeling the sun shining down from overhead.

2. Ignoring pedestrian crosswalk lights are a lot more difficult with the five WIDER lanes found in downtown Houston. It also helped that the first street I crossed was one way traffic coming from my right. I have become quite the aggressive street crosser (just ask Amy) when walking in Central London.

3. Not having the correct payment because tax was NOT included. The states should REALLY do this… really.

4. Waitstaff look at you funny when you respond with a “Cheers” when they bring you a drink.

5. Even though I only ride my bike on the streets in London, when driving I found myself pulling into the wrong side of divided roads only twice. I won’t bring up the fact that I hit a car in the parking lot my first day driving in five months.

No comments: