10 June 2006

Wednesday 31 May 2006

Went to Amy’s office to sign bank paperwork. Decided to carry the England’s Heritage book (gift from Dana-Leigh) home in my backpack.

Note to self: Heavy books bad for touring walks.

Did the London Eye. Got my bearings from atop the wheel and decided to walk to Trafalgar Square. Crossed the Thames @ the Golden Jubilee Bridge, then over to Cleopatra’s Needle obelisk. Pretty cool monument. Made way to Square and into the National Gallery.

Note to self II: DON’T take pictures of Da Vinci art in the gallery. Cut short trip in Gallery, and decided to take first tube trip home from Embankment as Heavy Book Back Pack Syndrome was setting in.

Put my road bike together once I got back, then talked to KBR people about my Monday report date. Looks like I get another week to be a tourist as the job I was to work on has been put on hold. Actually…. A good thing as we are still awaiting our air shipment from Houston.

Found a bike shop just around the corner from the flat. Bonus!!!! Still no mobile phone.



We found a local store called Argos. It's a lot like Service Merchandise. You choose things from a catalog and then pick them up at the counter. We bought a few things for our flat in an attempt to make it a bit more homey. I am SO ready for our own things to arrive. The hardwood floor is getting quite uncomfortable!

No comments: