25 June 2006

Saturday 24 June 2006

Today we decided to see a show in the theatre district. After going into Covent Garden in the morning to the Half Price tickets booth, we decided to see The Rat Pack. Don't tell anyone but I had penciled in this show early on to see. Plus we got seats in the center on the fourth row.

It was in the Savoy Theatre which is part of the The Savoy Hotel (the ritzy century old hotel). The show itself was great, a "review" type show recreating the atmosphere of the original Rat Pack gigs performed in The Sands in Vegas (sans Joey Bishop & Peter Lawford). Amy had to occasionally elbow me in the ribs because apparently I was singing along too loudly. To be honest, I was digging the music piped in during intermission as well. I thought the big band backup musicians were the real stars as they seemed to capture the "mood". The performer that played "Dean Martin" was our fav of the trio. Did I mention we had fourth row center tickets? We caught a late dinner after the show at a little Italian place and people watched as the other shows let out. An entertaining show and a swinging fun evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how i enjoyed reading all of your adventures. i am impressed with how much you all can do in one day . today we took greg and jhis friend ,with sherrie and family to kema boardwalk, had lunch and walk the walk etc. was 100degrees. yesterday we all with sheila and family went to ricky malovites and family to what was once pats' place in rosharon had a shrimp and crawfish boil /kareoke d j. was so much fun and the food yummy. guess this is what i do right? if not let me know this is exciting. thanks for encluding us on your adventures. love joe and mom

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Sounds like it has been non stop since you got there. I have just gotten to the blog site and viewed the first posts. Had dinner with Paula Friday night and lamented this was the kind of dinner we would have shared with you and Amy. Looking forward to our next meal together, thought we might try to meet you guys and head off on a tour of your choosing-pubs & cemetarites I presume.

Sorry to hear the employment status changed, I know that has to be difficut for you. Nice to know I can e-mail you however. Keep us posted on the events, speak soon.

David

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, flabergasted, and even astounded. I've been spending a lot of time in Tulsa, OK lately (here now in fact) and, it's hard to believe, but, it's remarkably similar to London. Who knew? Only the people in Tulsa don't have bad teeth, just missing teeth.

Keep the BLOG going. I feel like I'm there with you but without the airfare. And Ray, I really am sorry you were forced back to work. Being a kept man would have been sweet.